Friday 3 February 2012

Of Creatures and Coffee


Prompt of the Day #2
Awww isn't this little guy the cutest thing ever? He scampered up the Christmas tree and then peered out at us for this adorable photo. Not all animals are this cute, sometimes they're scary, sometime fantastical, sometimes they don't even exist but creep along the edges of your consciousness.
Write about a creature. Think about their personalities, the way they move, whether they're friendly or cranky. 


When I woke up this morning, a phrase here that actually refers to my friend calling me at 1pm to enquire about my whereabouts, I was bewildered and in much need of a cup of tea. I found my eyes focusing on the Monkey Picked Tea that I was given for Christmas and for a moment I pined for a good brew. Instead, I found myself vellicated from my bed, into the shower and out of the door. There was far too much blood in my caffeine system. 

Think about what things help you to focus. Perhaps it can be as inspiring as any prompt I can offer. Tea certainly sparked something for Anon of Edinburgh. 



















Be it in coffee or my typically British tea, I need my fix in order to focus. I can be anywhere in the world, in a pub, my bed, a desk, perched in a tree, upside-down on the monkey bars, hidden under a chair, lurking in a cupboard, surveying from an alleyway, submerged in a swamp - anywhere - and a little bit of caffeine will ensure my continued application. It's useful to know what keeps you on track. So as soon as I entered Jack Sprat I was at the till and ordering a giant bowl of coffee. It is America after all. 


Je serai poète et toi poésie,
SCRIBBLER

No comments:

Post a Comment